Amazon is an American an eCommerce and cloud computing company that was founded on July 5, 1994, by Jeff Bezos and is based in Seattle, Washington. It has moved on to become the largest Internet-based retailer in the world by total sales and market capitalization. It allows individuals to create an Amazon account for free.
Meanwhile, Amazon started as an online bookstore, later other areas like video downloads/streaming, MP3 downloads/streaming, audiobook downloads/streaming, software, video games, electronics, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewelry.
The company also produces consumer electronics—notably, Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo—and is the world’s largest provider of cloud infrastructure services (IaaS and PaaS).
Amazon also sells certain low-end products like USB cables under its in-house brand AmazonBasics. It is one of the biggest e-commerce sites in the world. You can buy pretty much everything from amazon.com and other
You can buy pretty much everything from amazon.com and other country specific amazon websites. Now it’s obvious that for buying something from amazon you need to have an account there.
If you don’t have an Amazon account here is the guide below and learn how to create an Amazon account.
Create an Amazon Account
- Visit Amazon.com but in case you want to shop from any country specific websites like amazon.in you need to go to that website.
- At the top right corner, you will see a Button Called “Sign In”, just move your mouse over that button and you will see a drop down, click on “Start Here” link from that drop down.
- The registration form will ask for your name and email address, and it will prompt you to choose a password as well as other information.
- You can also enter a phone number. Amazon will not call you, so don’t worry about that – it’s only used for security purposes.
- When you have filled in all the necessary information, click “Create Account.” You will be redirected immediately to Amazon’s welcome page.
- You can now begin to shop as you have successfully created an account.
Setting Up An Amazon.com Account
As soon as you have successfully created your account, you might want to select your preferred method of payment.
Click on “Your Account” on the top right-hand side of the screen. Under the “Payment Methods” menu, select “Add a Credit Card.”
Enter the relevant information for whichever kind of credit card you plan to use, including your billing address.
Once you have done this, you can confirm that you have correctly entered your information by going to “Manage Your Payment Methods.” Your credit card should now appear there.
Click on “Your Account” again and navigate to the “Account Settings” area. Click on the option to “Add New Address.”
Enter your password, then fill out the form with your name and shipping address. Click “Save and Continue.”
Go to “Your Account” and click on “Manage Address Book.” You will be prompted to enter additional addresses, for yourself and people you might buy gifts for.
When you mark an address as a “Gifting Address,” Amazon will automatically include a gift receipt with orders sent to that address.
Then go to “Your Account” again and click on “Your Public Profile” under the “Personalization”. You will have to enter the details on your public profile such as name, location, birthday, anniversary, website, photo.
When done, click the “I have read the Terms and Conditions” box, then press continue. You will then be asked to enter additional details about yourself. Press “Finish,” and your profile will be complete.
Go to “Your Account” and click on “Your Social Settings” under the “Personalization”. You will be see a page where you can connect your Amazon account with your Facebook account.
You will also have the option to click on “Twitter Settings” and connect with Twitter as well.