Instagram is a basically photo-sharing social media platform and currently one of the fastest growing social media network with over 600 million monthly active users worldwide. What’s more, only 36% of marketers are using Instagram for business, compared to the 93% who use Facebook which makes it a great social platform. So, why not take the advantages offered on this platform. And to make use of this platform efficiently you must know how to Create a New Instagram Account.
However, am going to give you a guide on how to set up an Instagram account, so you too can take advantage of this social media channel and join the millions of people on Instagram just free. You can do this on your mobile device (smart phones) or via your computer, without involving a third-party this would ensure your information actually private.
How to Create an Instagram Account – Using Mobile Phone
- Logon to your phone’s app store app whether it is the Google play store on Android devices or Apple store iOS devices to open the app store.
Download the Instagram app in order to create and access an account on your mobile device. Search for “Instagram” app by tapping the magnifying glass icon in the app store app and then typing in your search request.
- Since Instagram is a free app, you will see a button next to the app that says either “Get” (iOS) or “Install” (Android), simply tap the button to download.
- Thereafter, tap the Instagram application to open either through the play store or via your app menu. Click the “Sign Up” button. This will bring you to a page so that you enter your preferred account information and details.
- Enter your functional (a current email address to which you have access) email address in it’s field and “Tap” next.
You can also log in with your Facebook credentials from here. If you tap the “Log in with Facebook” option, Instagram will ask you to log into your Facebook page if you aren’t already logged in.
- Enter a username and password. You will need to enter the password twice in order to confirm its accuracy. Make sure you choose a username you can remember and easy for people too before clicking “Next”.
- Enter optional account details which includes your profile picture, a bio data for your account etc This information can be modified any time from within your Instagram profile by tapping the “Edit Profile” option at the top of your page.
- Meanwhile, Tap “Done”.
- Now your account is set and ready to use!
How to Create an Instagram Account – Using a Computer
While your Instagram browsing experience is limited in mobile phones, you can set up and access your account from your computer using your preferred browser.
- Logon to to Instagram’s website www.Instagram.com.
- Enter your sign-up information on the right side of the page.
- Enter your email address (current and functional).
- Your full name.
- Fill in your desired username.
- Your preferred password.
- However, You can also click “Log in with Facebook” at the top of this information entry box to link your Facebook and Instagram accounts meaning your Instagram account will be created with your Facebook name and password.
- Click the “Sign Up” button at the bottom of the Sign-up menu to create your account.
- Click the icon in the top right corner of your screen. This will take you to your account/profile page.
- After that, click on “Edit Profile” option at the right of your Instagram name at the top of your page to add additional information you wish to display. This may include a bio for your account, a link to your personal website, or a profile picture. When you’re done, click the “Submit” button at the bottom of your page.
- Then you are good to go! Your account is ready for use.
How To Create A New Instagram Account for your Business
- Download and launch the app (the Instagram app is available on iOS, Android and Windows). Open it once it has been downloaded.
- Sign up or create an account with your business email address and not your Facebook account.
- Select a very nice and recognizable username as well as a profile picture which shows your brand.
- Click the icon with the shape of a person at the top of your page to open your profile. Select “Edit my profile” to fill in details like your bio, your website and various things about your business.
- Go ahead and tap the gear icon in the upper right hand corner and then “Linked Accounts” to connect to your Facebook or twitter accounts.
- Then you can start posting now!
In consequence, I hope you were able to make use of this information on How To Create a New Instagram Account |on WWW.Instagram.com